Monday, January 11, 2016

In Class Assignment.

MY ORIGINS. -

I am a Guatemalan girl, that came to the States to pursued my dream of learning animation and visual development. It wasn't an easy decision but there is no Computer Animation in Guatemala and I wanted to learn from the best.

I lived in Guatemala my whole life. Guatemalan culture is a very hard working one, and families are very close together. Mine as well, I grew up with my brother and cousins and with the example of my grandparents and parents I learned their faith and values, and now I can say that I shared them and I am proud of them.

Since we are very close it was hard to leave my country and come to a new one where there is different culture views. But it is easy with technology to keep in touch with everyone back home. It is interesting to get to know the American Culture and to learn from my teachers about animation and illustration.
Even though in Guatemala we speak Spanish, in school we had an American teacher who taught us English, and this was very helpful for me because when I arrived to College, I was able to understand and communicate with everyone here.

I might be away from home, but I have a lot of good memories there, and I am blessed to have many friends who I get to see during the breaks.


-Ximena.

WHO ARE MY INFLUENCES?

Well first of all my parents and grandparents.
I look up to them, because they have been living very virtues and good lives. They are humble and they give good advice when I asked for them. I don't only follow them only because they are my parents and thats it, but because I do see them living a good life and I want that for my futures. I see them also working hard on their jobs and that makes me work hard in my school work and personal work.

I have other influences for example, some my CA teachers have had a certain influence in my work, by the critiques Ive had that have helped me improve in my art and work.

WHAT IS YOUR IDEOLOGY?

I was born and raised Catholic, so my basic assumptions are based on their teachings, I try to live as best as I can, trying to be good, and helping others.
I do believe there is right and wrong, so if something is not good for me, I will just not do it and viceversa.
I guess it is respect others in your work and your artwork, love them and be happy.









No comments:

Post a Comment