Saturday, April 23, 2016

Los arboles mueren de pie

"The trees die standing up"

This is a book written by Alejandro Casona. He is a Spanish author. The book is adapted to a theater production and it is very popular in LatinAmerica.
The story is divided in three acts. The synopsis is that Dr. Ariel  is the owner and founder of an institution that want to help desperate people who lack of luck and faith. One day a couple of grandparents come looking for his grandson who is dead but the grandmother still gets emails from him.

I don't want to give any spoilers on this book. And I think it is worth reading. I don't usually read theater, I rather go to see it but the way this is written down is brilliant!! as a reader you get into the plot that you forget it is a play.


1 comment:

  1. I will try to read this since I haven't been reading in spanish a lot lately. I wish you gave a little bit more description or provided a link. The title is really captivating though. It makes me wonder what is going to happen. This might work well for the different point of view assignment we had.

    ReplyDelete