Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Gore Verbinski's Tone of Voice

 

The director I chose is: Gore Verbinski. He is the director of many movies including Pirates of the Caribbean I, II, III and the Lone Ranger. 


I chose this director because he has done many movies not only live action, but also animation and a combination on both. The way he approaches the cinematography and story is very successful and I think he is able to put his own style to each movie even if it is not the same writer or genre.

Pirates of the Caribbean I and II has the same cast, characters and the plot extends through all the movies. Lone Ranger is a complete different story and different cast. 
In Pirates of the Caribbean the voice of the director is comical, fast passed and has a lot of pirate tone voice in it. 

While watching the Pirates of the Caribbean you feel you are in that world, the way the characters speak, move and interact they make you feel you are in their era. Personally I feel that the way this movie is portrayed, its brilliant because you don't feel the Pirate's voice  is forced into you but it flows and it is believable. Since it is a movie for teenagers and Kids, the director also adds a funny voice to it. Jack Sparrow is the main character of the movie and he is able to communicate the story in both of the movies, with the funny/mysterious pirate tone. 
This two movies are very successful.

The Long Ranger is an interesting movie to analyze, since it is the same director and same main actor. Looking at this pieces, we assume it will be as successful as the two previous movies I talked about: Pirates of the Caribbean I and II; but in my opinion it was not successful. 
What I feel it happened is that the director tried to approach this story in the same comical way than he did in the Pirates movie but it wasn't quite good. I think the reason is that the main character in this one was an indian it wasn't a pirate. The indian has another voice than the Pirate. 
The Long Ranger's voice is all over the place it tries to be funny but I think it should have more cowboys + Indian voice and bring out that rivalry like the old west movies. 











No comments:

Post a Comment